Hello friends and acquaintances! A friendly reminder for us all...
- Don't add me as a friend just to increase your numbers. This is not a competition to see who can get the most friends. You don't win a prize for having a gazillion of us. If by chance you are one of those people who like to compete for friends, know that I consider it a stupid endeavor and I don't want to be a part of your foolish game. kthxbai.
- I don't mind lurkscribers. But don't get the high idea that you're somehow doing me a favor and stroking my ego by subscribing to me. If you're not the commenting type, then you're little more than a glorified lurker. And that's fine as long as we both have no other expectations. Still, if all you want to do is read me... a simple bookmark works just as well.
- If you add me as a friend, I hope it's because you're interested in some interaction. If all you want to do is read my posts and ogle at my pictures, you can subscribe, but please don't add me as a friend. I'm interested in correspondence between us. I do it all... PMs, email, pulse, comments, etc. Let's keep it interesting for everybody, shall we?
- Many of us have harmless cyber-stalkers. I prefer my stalkers to be less intrusive. So if you plan to disrupt the creative flow of ideas on my blog, you will be blocked. If you leave offensive comments, you will be blocked. If you harass other people on my blog, you will be blocked. Even if you harass my friends or any other people I subscribe to on their blogs, you will be blocked. There are no exceptions and all decisions are final.
- Don't subscribe to me and immediately ask for my email, IM username or Facebook profile. These are details that are shared when people get to know one another. Get to know me, then we'll talk.
- RECs are nice, even appreciated. But just because you REC'd my post does not obligate me to comment on one of your posts. I only comment when I feel moved to do so. And so should you.
- If I do things that annoy you, just unsubscribe. I don't need you to critique my blogging habits. It's really none of your business if I overload my posts with pictures, use slang that you don't understand, or even timestamp til my clickers broken. Get over it and move on.
Just a few things I consider common courtesy if you plan to lurk.
This has been a Public Service Announcement from your friendly Xangahood Myxl Dove.
| ||Posted 9/19/2012 1:01 PM - 1103 Views - 54 eProps - 43 comments|
Give eProps or Post a Comment